GoogleTranslator for Skype is a fast and easy-to-use translation add-on for Skype. It allows you to communicate with a friend who doesn’t know your language. Using this program you can make new friends from all over the world and chat with them in your native language. GoogleTranslator for Skype works by translating your messages to your friend’s language and vice versa. It opens a separate window that contains your contact list with an option to chat with the contacts. You can chat with multiple people by opening separate tabs in the translator window. Once the chat tab is open, you can select whether you want the translator to translate your messages or not. It also enables you to decide whether you want to receive translated or plain messages from your friend. Along with the translated messages it will also display the original message in your window. By default the translation option is unchecked in GoogleTranslator for Skype. GoogleTranslator for Skype is very simple in design. Interestingly, this useful add-on is absolutely free to download and install.
- Enables you to translate your chat messages in around 20 languages
- Fast and easy-to-use
- Allows you to chat with multiple people at the same time using the same window.
- Compatible with most of the Windows OS.
- Displays the original text as well as translated text in the chat window
- Does not provide support for Linux and Mac OS.
- Does not support all the languages supported by Google translator like Lithuanian and Bulgarian.
- Requires dot net framework 2.0.
- GUI is not well designed and doesn't match with the Skype design